List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:February 26 2009 7:12pm
Subject:Re: catch the error [OFF TOPIC]
View as plain text
Gentlemen,
my opinion is that this post is OFF TOPIC, let's don't wade into the PHP
world here, let's keep this list clean and focused on MySQL.
If the insert works from console and not from PHP probably is PHP
related problem and there are thousands of lists on PHP.

This is the most professional list on MySQL, let's keep it on MySQL.

Phil, this is my humble opinion.

Regards,

Claudio Nanni

PJ wrote:
> What is wrond with this file? same identical insert works from console
> but not from this file :-(

> <head>
>     <title>Untitled</title>
> </head>

> <?
> //include ("lib/db1.php");    // Connect to database
> mysql_connect('biggie', 'user', 'password', 'test');
> $sql1 = "INSERT INTO example (name, age) VALUES ('Joe Blow', '69')";
> $result1 = mysql_query($sql1,$db);
> if (!$result1) {
>   echo("<P>Error performing 1st query: " .
>        mysql_error() . "</P>");
>   exit();
> }
> ?>

> Seems to be good to print out the error message, but that's all. db not
> written.

Thread
catch the errorPJ26 Feb
  • Re: catch the errorDarryle Steplight26 Feb
    • Re: catch the errorPJ26 Feb
      • Re: catch the errorJim Lyons26 Feb
        • Re: catch the errorPJ26 Feb
      • Re: catch the errorDarryle Steplight26 Feb
        • Re: catch the errorPJ26 Feb
  • Re: catch the errorRicardo Dias Marques26 Feb
    • Re: catch the errorPJ26 Feb
      • Re: catch the errorDarryle Steplight26 Feb
  • RE: catch the errorJerry Schwartz26 Feb
    • Re: catch the errorPJ26 Feb
  • Re: catch the error [OFF TOPIC]Claudio Nanni26 Feb