List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:February 26 2009 4:13am
Subject:Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged table
View as plain text
At 07:38 PM 2/25/2009, you wrote:

> > not sure, though, feel free to report test results
>
>Results not good so far. I created a big load file by creating a list of
>all the files on my server (using "find / -printf ...). and appending that
>file four of five times over for several hundred thousand rows.
>
>Then I did a LOAD DATA CONCURRENT INFILE 'my_big_file'...
>
>While that was running, I ran a SELECT COUNT(*) query in another session.
>The latter was blocked until the former finished every time.
>
>And this wasn't even using merged tables, but rather just a single myisam
>table.
>
>Looks like the concurrent select thing described in the documentation
>doesn't even work as advertised for even this simple case.

What happens if you do a "Select * from table limit 10"?

This bug was reported back in 2006 and should have been fixed by now. What
version of MySQL are you using?
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=20637

Mike

Thread
Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford25 Feb
  • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableJohan De Meersman25 Feb
    • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford26 Feb
      • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos26 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford28 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford6 Mar
          • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
              • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford11 Mar