List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:buford Date:February 26 2009 1:38am
Subject:Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged table
View as plain text

> not sure, though, feel free to report test results

Results not good so far. I created a big load file by creating a list of
all the files on my server (using "find / -printf ...). and appending that
file four of five times over for several hundred thousand rows.

Then I did a LOAD DATA CONCURRENT INFILE 'my_big_file'...

While that was running, I ran a SELECT COUNT(*) query in another session.
The latter was blocked until the former finished every time.

And this wasn't even using merged tables, but rather just a single myisam
table.

Looks like the concurrent select thing described in the documentation
doesn't even work as advertised for even this simple case.

Thread
Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford25 Feb
  • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableJohan De Meersman25 Feb
    • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford26 Feb
      • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos26 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford28 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford6 Mar
          • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
              • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford11 Mar