List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 25 2009 10:56am
Subject:Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged table
View as plain text
I know this doesn't answer any of your questions directly, but I
imagine that if you run the load data on the insert table of the merge
set, the rest might still be available for operations through the
actual merge alias.

not sure, though, feel free to report test results :-)

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 4:35 AM,  <buford@stripped> wrote:
> I'm working on a system that uses merged tables with insert method LAST,
> and occasionally the application runs a LOAD DATA INFILE with a pretty big
> input data set. During the load data, other users running selects are
> blocked.
>
> As it stands at this time, some of the constituent merged tables in the
> merge set have deleted rows (i.e., "holes").
>
> I read in the documentation
> (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/concurrent-inserts.html) that
> concurrent selects are permitted during a LOAD DATA INFILE if the free
> space is first defragmented, but it doesn't specifically address the
> situation of merged tables.
>
> Provided I have run OPTIMIZE TABLES, should I expect a multi-user
> application to successfully perform concurrent selects while the lengthy
> load data statement is running?
>
> And furthermore, assuming one or more of the constituent tables has free
> space (i.e., "holes"), do I need to run OPTIMIZE TABLES on each
> constituent file of the merge set separately, or do I run it on the
> defined merge table?

Celsius is based on water temperature.
Fahrenheit is based on alcohol temperature.
Ergo, Fahrenheit is better than Celsius. QED.
Thread
Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford25 Feb
  • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableJohan De Meersman25 Feb
    • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford26 Feb
      • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos26 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford28 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford6 Mar
          • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
              • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford11 Mar