List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 18 1999 4:19pm
Subject:Re: capture warnings
View as plain text
At 5:34 PM +0200 1999-12-18, <sinisa@stripped> wrote:
>Hello,
>I am trying to load data infile, and I am getting warning where 600,000 =
>rows are succesful and 155,000 warning,
>
>how do I know what are the warnings?
>
>is there a way to log these?
>
>how
>
>Regards
>Issam
>
>Hi!
>

>You can not get warnings. There are plans to put one feature that
>could enable it on a TODO list, but this will not come so soon.
>
>Warnings can stem either from poorely formatted data or from column
>type constraints.
>
>Sinisa

One thing you might try is to load your data into an empty table,
then use SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE to write it back out into another
file (this requires the FILE privilege, though).  Then diff the
original file with the new one.  That will show you where the data
loaded into MySQL differ from the data in the original file.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread