List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Murdock Date:February 20 2009 6:17am
Subject:Newbie Question - MySQL Administrator
View as plain text
This is on a Mac OS X (v10.5.6) system in case that matters.

1. - MySQL Administrator Help button says:

HELP

Help isn’t available for MySQL Administrator.

Really, no help or did I screw-up the install somehow?

2. - I tried to create my first Table in MySQL Administrator but got

ERROR

Error executing SQL commands to create table.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'DEFAULT NULL,
   `LastName` VARCHAR DEFAULT NULL,
   `Street1` VARCHAR DEFAULT NUL' at line 3 (error 1064)

Trying to Execute this:

CREATE TABLE `test`.`AddressBook` (
   `RecNo` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
   `FirstName` VARCHAR DEFAULT NULL,
   `LastName` VARCHAR DEFAULT NULL,
   `Street1` VARCHAR DEFAULT NULL,
   `Street2` VARCHAR DEFAULT NULL,
   `City` VARCHAR DEFAULT NULL,
   `State` VARCHAR DEFAULT NULL,
   `Zip` VARCHAR DEFAULT NULL,
   `HomePhone` VARCHAR DEFAULT NULL,
   `CellPhone` VARCHAR DEFAULT NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY (`RecNo`)
)
CHARACTER SET utf8
COMMENT = 'Sample';

Jeff

Thread
Newbie Question - MySQL AdministratorJeff Murdock20 Feb
  • Re: Newbie Question - MySQL AdministratorDarryle Steplight20 Feb
  • Re: Newbie Question - MySQL AdministratorWalter Heck20 Feb