List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:February 13 2009 9:43pm
Subject:Re: Codd's rule 8 (physical data idependence)
View as plain text
Quoting Martijn Tonies out of context,

> A non transactional engine is of near no use.

I wouldn't say that ;-)  It's of no use for transactional needs, and
indeed I rarely say it's a good idea to use a nontransactional engine,
but there are very important real-world uses for them.
Thread
Codd's rule 8 (physical data idependence)Yusuf Khan13 Feb
  • Re: Codd's rule 8 (physical data idependence)Peter Brawley13 Feb
    • RE: Codd's rule 8 (physical data idependence)Jerry Schwartz13 Feb
  • Re: Codd's rule 8 (physical data idependence)Martijn Tonies13 Feb
    • Re: Codd's rule 8 (physical data idependence)Baron Schwartz13 Feb
    • RE: Codd's rule 8 (physical data idependence)US Data Export13 Feb