List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 13 2009 8:05pm
Subject:Re: How to get Error Number and Error Message 2nd Try
View as plain text
On Feb 10, 2009, at 11:26 PM, Al wrote:

> I know that all of the prgramming interfaces have the ability to
> issue a Function Call to get
> "error number for the most recently invoked MySQL function"
>
> and
>
>    "the error message for the most recently invoked MySQL function"
>

> such as in C using " *mysql_errno()"   etc.
>
> BUT
> *
> Surely there is a way to get the SAME info via a "SQL statment"  or
> "function"
>
> I know one can do a
>             **
>
> select @@error_count as errorcount;
>
> to get the COUNT of errors, Surely there is SOMETHING similar
> to get the latest ERROR NUMBER and latest ERROR MESSAGE,

SHOW WARNINGS might help.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/show-warnings.html

--
Paul DuBois
Sun Microsystems / MySQL Documentation Team

Thread
How to get Error Number and Error Message 2nd TryAl11 Feb
  • Re: How to get Error Number and Error Message 2nd TryPaul DuBois13 Feb
Re: How to get Error Number and Error Message 2nd TryAl16 Feb