List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:csegovis@gmail.com Date:February 12 2009 5:39pm
Subject:Re: Install problem: log file issue
View as plain text
Andy,

Thanks for the suggestion.  my_print_defaults mysqld indicates that it
is reading my my.cnf.  Furthermore, I have tried both the log and
log-output variables in my.cnf with no success.  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Andy Smith wrote:
> It could be that your my.cnf isn't being read (permissions or in the
> wrong directory), or that you have multiple my.cnf files.
>
> Quoting "csegovis@stripped" <csegovis@stripped>:
>
>> That is intentional.  I want to write the log to a non-standard
>> location.

Install problem: log file issuecsegovis@gmail.com12 Feb
  • Re: Install problem: log file issuefire912 Feb
    • Re: Install problem: log file issuecsegovis@gmail.com12 Feb
      • Re: Install problem: log file issueAndy Smith12 Feb
        • Re: Install problem: log file issuecsegovis@gmail.com12 Feb
          • Re: Install problem: log file issueWalter Heck12 Feb
            • Re: Install problem: log file issuecsegovis@gmail.com13 Feb
              • Re: Install problem: log file issuePaul DuBois13 Feb