List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:February 11 2009 1:49am
Subject:Re: mysql optimization tips
View as plain text
At 06:44 PM 2/10/2009, Michael Dykman wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Baron Schwartz <baron@stripped> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 9:25 AM, monloi perez <mlp_folder@stripped>
> wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I'm not sure if this question is fine, I'm new to the list and I just
> have one very important question.
> >> Can anyone help me suggest the right optimization for our company's
> server.
> >
> > I suggest High Performance MySQL, Second Edition :-)  There's no way
> > to really give any good advice without knowing what you use the server
> > for.
> >

>I enthusiastically second that recommendation

You can read a few pages from High Performance MySQL 1st edition at
http://books.google.ca/books?id=sgMvu2uZXlsC&printsec=frontcover&dq=mysql+high+performance#PPP1,M1
Google Books also has excerpts from other MySQL books.

Mike

Thread
mysql optimization tipsmonloi perez10 Feb
  • Re: mysql optimization tipsBaron Schwartz11 Feb
    • Re: mysql optimization tipsMichael Dykman11 Feb
      • Re: mysql optimization tipsmos11 Feb
        • Re: mysql optimization tipsBaron Schwartz11 Feb