List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:monloi perez Date:February 10 2009 2:25pm
Subject:mysql optimization tips
View as plain text
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this question is fine, I'm new to the list and I just have one very
important question.
Can anyone help me suggest the right optimization for our company's server.

Our current server is a Dell PowerEdge 1900 a QuadCore with 1TB total (Raid 1) of HD space
and 4G RAM.
The company is 300 seater callcenter with around 2000 Transactions (inserts/updates
internally and externally) per day.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is our current mysql config file.

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
skip-bdb
sort_buffer_size=128M
query_cache_size=8M
key_buffer=256M
join_buffer_size=128M
#to be changed to lesser than 2M based on this site
#http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2007/09/17/mysql-what-read_buffer_size-value-is-optimal/
read_buffer_size=2M
read_rnd_buffer_size=2M
max_allowed_packet=4M
table_cache=256
thread_cache_size=64
old_passwords=1

# increase the max_connection and connect_timeout
max_connections=600
max_connect_errors=20
connect_timeout=60

# set the option for starting mysqld
log_slow_queries=/var/log/mysqld.slow.log
log-bin=localhost-bin
sysdate-is-now

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

[myisamchk]
key_buffer=128M
sort_buffer=64M
read_buffer=16M
write_buffer=16M

Thanks,
Mon

Thread
mysql optimization tipsmonloi perez10 Feb
  • Re: mysql optimization tipsBaron Schwartz11 Feb
    • Re: mysql optimization tipsMichael Dykman11 Feb
      • Re: mysql optimization tipsmos11 Feb
        • Re: mysql optimization tipsBaron Schwartz11 Feb