List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 10 2009 2:21pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?
View as plain text
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Michael Addyman <
michael.addyman@stripped> wrote:

> Hooray! http://code.google.com/p/mysql-master-master/
>
> Am I crazy to be considering replicating 500+ databases? I think so...

I don't think the number of databases is an issue - the main point is the
amount of activity on them, I'd say. As long as you have a good pipe to your
slave (as in, gigabit crossed or so :-) ) I don't think you'll run into
trouble.

--
Celsius is based on water temperature.
Fahrenheit is based on alcohol temperature.

Thread
InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Michael Addyman10 Feb
  • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?mos10 Feb
    • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Michael Addyman10 Feb
    • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Michael Addyman10 Feb
      • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?mos10 Feb
        • RE: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Martin Gainty10 Feb
          • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Michael Addyman10 Feb
    • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Michael Addyman10 Feb
      • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Johan De Meersman10 Feb
        • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Michael Addyman10 Feb
      • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Walter Heck10 Feb
        • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Michael Addyman10 Feb
          • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Michael Addyman10 Feb
            • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Johan De Meersman10 Feb
              • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Michael Addyman10 Feb
  • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Baron Schwartz10 Feb
    • Re: InnoDB: Thousands of Tables or Hundreds of Databases?Michael Addyman10 Feb