List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:February 8 2009 10:51pm
Subject:Re: What ever happened to NitroEDb engine for MySQL
View as plain text
At 11:14 AM 2/8/2009, Michael Dykman wrote:
>We recently began using infobright in my shop..  reporting queries
>against 10's of millions of rows which previously had taken ~2 hours
>to execute where reduced to less than 10 minutes.  It certainly comes
>with it's own set of limitations but it has been a god-send for us.
>
>  - michael

Michael & Baron,
           I took a quick look at InfoBright and it seems interesting but...

1) Infobright appears to be a read-only database engine with the only means
to update data is through "Load Data Infile" and Insert, Updated, Delete
are not supported? Is that correct? How do you get rid of old rows or
update existing rows?

2) Does it have Full-Text search? I need to search on paragraphs of text.

Mike

>On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Baron Schwartz <baron@stripped> wrote:
> > I'd not hold your breath.
> >
> > Take a look at the open-source version of Infobright.
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 8:21 PM, mos <mos99@stripped> wrote:
> >> NitroEDB was suppose to be shipped Q2 2007. Whatever happened to that?
> When
> >> can I expect it? TIA
> >>

> > --
> >

>--
>  - michael dykman
>  - mdykman@stripped
>
>  - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.

Thread
What ever happened to NitroEDb engine for MySQLmos8 Feb
  • Re: What ever happened to NitroEDb engine for MySQLBaron Schwartz8 Feb
    • Re: What ever happened to NitroEDb engine for MySQLMichael Dykman8 Feb
      • Re: What ever happened to NitroEDb engine for MySQLmos8 Feb
        • Re: What ever happened to NitroEDb engine for MySQLMichael Dykman9 Feb
        • Re: What ever happened to NitroEDb engine for MySQLBaron Schwartz9 Feb
          • Re: What ever happened to NitroEDb engine for MySQLmos9 Feb
            • Re: What ever happened to NitroEDb engine for MySQLBaron Schwartz9 Feb