List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Daisley Date:February 5 2009 1:53pm
Subject:Re: Instance scale-out
View as plain text
An interface by definition is a point of interconnection.

Maybe its a bit of a grey area where the interpretation can be different
depending on whether you think in terms of hardware or software.

Its the port which is used to communicate with the MySQL (or indeed any
other) server software so therefore for the server software (but maybe not
the physical hardware) its the port which is the point of interconnection
(the network interface).

For me the book is correct but I can see where confusion could occur.

John

> Hi Claudio,
>
>    I don't think its your English, I agree with you that its not just
> confusing it is wrong.
>
> "Each server must have its own network interface"
>
> At least for my 10 years experience in IT and UNIX I would understand
> network interface as physical network interface unless specified as
> otherwise. Maybe the MySQL community has a differenet opinion :P
>

> ;)
>
> cheers Andy.

> This email has been scanned by Netintelligence
> http://www.netintelligence.com/email

Thread
Instance scale-outClaudio Nanni5 Feb
  • Re: Instance scale-outJohn Daisley5 Feb
  • Re: Instance scale-outAndy Smith5 Feb
    • Re: Instance scale-outJohn Daisley5 Feb
      • Re: Instance scale-outClaudio Nanni5 Feb
        • Re: Instance scale-outJohn Daisley5 Feb
          • Re: Instance scale-outAndy Smith5 Feb
            • Re: Instance scale-outJohn Daisley5 Feb
          • Re: Instance scale-outClaudio Nanni5 Feb
            • Re: Instance scale-outBaron Schwartz5 Feb
Re: Instance scale-outClaudio Nanni5 Feb