List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Gainty Date:February 2 2009 6:43pm
Subject:RE: grabbing even addresses?
View as plain text
Jason

try
select ADDRESS FROM FUBAR_TABLE WHERE MOD(TO_
NUMBER(SUBSTR(ADDRESS,1,instr(ADDRESS,' ',1))),2) =0;

SUBSTR(ADDRESS,1,INSTR(ADDRESS,'',1))
1232 Main
1234 Main

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content
contained within this transmission.

> To: mysql@stripped
> From: japruim@stripped
> Subject: grabbing even addresses?
> Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 13:27:26 -0500
>
> Hello!
>
> I was wondering if something was possible, I have an excel file right
> now of US mailing addresses, and what I need to do is select all the
> odd numbered addresses on one road, is there an easy way I can do
> that from MySQL? the addresses could contain 3, 4 or 5 numbers per
> addresses such as:
>
> 123 Main
> 1232 Main
> 1233 Main
> 1234 Main
> 12345 Main
>
> and what I want out of those would be:
>
> 1232 Main
> 1234 Main
>
> Any ideas? Thanks for looking! :)
>

> --
> Jason Pruim
> japruim@stripped
> 616.399.2355

http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009
Thread
grabbing even addresses?Jason Pruim2 Feb
  • Re: grabbing even addresses?ewen fortune2 Feb
  • Re: grabbing even addresses?Christoph Boget2 Feb
    • Re: grabbing even addresses?Jason Pruim2 Feb
  • RE: grabbing even addresses?Tom [Ontario] Kralidis2 Feb
  • RE: grabbing even addresses?Martin Gainty2 Feb
    • Re: grabbing even addresses?Daniel Brown2 Feb
  • RE: grabbing even addresses?Jerry Schwartz2 Feb