List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ewen fortune Date:February 2 2009 6:34pm
Subject:Re: grabbing even addresses?
View as plain text
Hi Jason,

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Jason Pruim <japruim@stripped> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I was wondering if something was possible, I have an excel file right now of
> US mailing addresses, and what I need to do is select all the odd numbered
> addresses on one road, is there an easy way I can do that from MySQL? the
> addresses could contain 3, 4 or 5 numbers per addresses such as:
>
> 123 Main
> 1232 Main
> 1233 Main
> 1234 Main
> 12345 Main
>
> and what I want out of those would be:
>
> 1232 Main
> 1234 Main
>
> Any ideas? Thanks for looking! :)

Not sure if this is the best way, but you could use mod() to determine
if the number is even or not.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mathematical-functions.html#function_mod

Ewen

> --
> Jason Pruim
> japruim@stripped
> 616.399.2355

Thread
grabbing even addresses?Jason Pruim2 Feb
  • Re: grabbing even addresses?ewen fortune2 Feb
  • Re: grabbing even addresses?Christoph Boget2 Feb
    • Re: grabbing even addresses?Jason Pruim2 Feb
  • RE: grabbing even addresses?Tom [Ontario] Kralidis2 Feb
  • RE: grabbing even addresses?Martin Gainty2 Feb
    • Re: grabbing even addresses?Daniel Brown2 Feb
  • RE: grabbing even addresses?Jerry Schwartz2 Feb