List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tobias Stocker Date:February 2 2009 9:38am
Subject:Question about triggers
View as plain text
Hy there,

I'm planing to to build a small "partial replication" on MySQL 5.0 using the Spread
Toolkit and the Message API for MySQL. Therefore I'll create a trigger (on insert) which
fetches the row and sends it to the message group XY.

I was wondering if there is a way to tell MySQL in an SQL statement to not fire the
trigger, for example if a message from Server B arrives on A - and contrariwise - I don't
want the trigger to be launched to avoid loops and such.

I actually couldn't find anything about this topic. So, my question: is it possible at
all?

Regards and thanks in advance,
Toby
Thread
Question about triggersTobias Stocker2 Feb
  • Re: Question about triggersBaron Schwartz3 Feb