List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Walter Heck Date:February 1 2009 10:25pm
Subject:Re: questions about merging
View as plain text
then: dump, import locally, rename and dump again. Still feels a bit
safer then parsing though it might be a bit more work.

OlinData: Professional services for MySQL
Support * Consulting * Administration
http://www.olindata.com

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 9:42 PM, Robert D. Crawford <rdc1x@stripped> wrote:
> Walter Heck <lists@stripped> writes:
>
>> Might be a bit late,
>
> Better late than never.
>
>> but on the naming issue: why not rename the tables on the old database
>> before doing the dump? that would save you from potentially messing
>> with your data due to parsing problems.
>
> A good idea, but it wouldn't have worked for me.  The original site was
> not mine and I didn't have permission to do so.
>
> Thanks,
> rdc>
> --
> Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@stripped

questions about merging Robert D. Crawford28 Jan
  • RE: questions about merging Olaf Stein28 Jan
  • Re: questions about mergingRobert D. Crawford29 Jan
    • Re: questions about mergingClaudio Nanni30 Jan
      • Re: questions about mergingOlaf Stein30 Jan
      • Re: questions about mergingRobert D. Crawford30 Jan
        • Re: questions about mergingWalter Heck1 Feb
      • Re: questions about mergingRobert D. Crawford1 Feb
        • Re: questions about mergingWalter Heck1 Feb
    • Re: questions about mergingSteve Holmes1 Feb