List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Walter Heck Date:February 1 2009 4:09pm
Subject:Re: questions about merging
View as plain text
Might be a bit late, but on the naming issue: why not rename the
tables on the old database before doing the dump? that would save you
from potentially messing with your data due to parsing problems.

Just a thought :)

Walter

OlinData: Professional services for MySQL
Support * Consulting * Administration
http://www.olindata.com

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Robert D. Crawford <rdc1x@stripped> wrote:
> Olaf Stein <olaf.stein@stripped> writes:
>
>> I think he only has one DB, I guess that is a provider restriction...
>
> True.  I would create a separate db for each application if I could.
>
> rdc
> --
> Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@stripped

questions about merging Robert D. Crawford28 Jan
  • RE: questions about merging Olaf Stein28 Jan
  • Re: questions about mergingRobert D. Crawford29 Jan
    • Re: questions about mergingClaudio Nanni30 Jan
      • Re: questions about mergingOlaf Stein30 Jan
      • Re: questions about mergingRobert D. Crawford30 Jan
        • Re: questions about mergingWalter Heck1 Feb
      • Re: questions about mergingRobert D. Crawford1 Feb
        • Re: questions about mergingWalter Heck1 Feb
    • Re: questions about mergingSteve Holmes1 Feb