List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bazooka Joe Date:January 31 2009 5:23am
Subject:Re: /var/log/mysql is taking up a lot of diskspace
View as plain text
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM, will <will.vande@stripped> wrote:
> ok, cool. I was not sure if I could use logrotate with the mysql logs.
> Is it safe to delete what I have there at the moment? I need to free
> up some disk space.

this is what logrotate run before and after

[ -e /var/lock/subsys/mysqld ] && /bin/kill -HUP `cat
/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid  2> /dev/null ` || /bin/true

Assuming paths are the same I would run the above commands. Short of
that I would take down mysql, delete log, then bring mysql back up.
Thread
/var/log/mysql is taking up a lot of diskspacewill31 Jan
Re: /var/log/mysql is taking up a lot of diskspacewill31 Jan
  • Re: /var/log/mysql is taking up a lot of diskspaceBazooka Joe31 Jan
    • Re: /var/log/mysql is taking up a lot of diskspacewill31 Jan