List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:January 30 2009 7:40pm
Subject:Re: ERROR 1010 (HY000): Error dropping database (can't rmdir ./foobar
View as plain text
Hi Johan,
dirs and files exist (also chmodded to 777)
the strange thing is that this behaviour is on more than one slave,
I think it is a bug related to the  Information Schema and to the fact I
use innodb_file_per_table.
Not being able to drop a database is definitely a bug, it seems that
somewhere it's locked.
Thanks, I continue investigating.
C.

PS: MySQL is 5.0.45

Johan De Meersman wrote:
> * check on your filesystem if the directory actually still exists -
> rmdir on a nonexisting dir might throw a non-zero exit
> * Take your db offline and do an fsck. If you want, you could flush
> tables with read lock, then mount -oremount,ro and then fsck - that'll
> keep your db up for reads, at least. DON'T let fsck fix things that
> way, though - for that you really do need to shut down the db and
> unmount the disk.
>
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Claudio Nanni
> <claudio.nanni@stripped <mailto:claudio.nanni@stripped>> wrote:
>
>     I am banging my head.
>
>     First, is not a file permission problem.
>
>     I cant import data on some replication slaves either in binary, or
>     from a
>     sql mysqldump.
>
>     I use one innodb file per table and I am importing only two
>     databases on a
>     dozen.
>
>     After a few hours  seem that the problem is with the name of the
>     database,
>
>     since I can import on a different database/directory.
>
>     I tried to import only the DDL(from the master where the dump
>     comes from)
>
>     to recreate all the tables to 'refresh' the information schema,
>
>     then stop the DB, copy the .ibd datafiles in the directory, start
>     the DB,
>
>     and if I do a DESC dummy get:

>     ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'foobar.dummy' doesn't exist

>     If I drop the database I get the error in the subject

>     ERROR 1010 (HY000): Error dropping database (can't rmdir ./foobar

>     If I try to import from the SQL dump:

>     ERROR 1005 (HY000) at line 23: Can't create table './foobar/dummy.frm'
>     (errno: -1)

>     I am stuck, any help really really aprreciated!
>
>     Cheers
>
>     Claudio
>

> --
> Celsius is based on water temperature.
> Fahrenheit is based on alcohol temperature.
> Ergo, Fahrenheit is better than Celsius. QED.

Thread
ERROR 1010 (HY000): Error dropping database (can't rmdir ./foobarClaudio Nanni30 Jan
  • Re: ERROR 1010 (HY000): Error dropping database (can't rmdir ./foobarJohan De Meersman30 Jan
    • Re: ERROR 1010 (HY000): Error dropping database (can't rmdir ./foobarClaudio Nanni30 Jan
    • Re: ERROR 1010 (HY000): Error dropping database (can't rmdir ./foobarClaudio Nanni31 Jan