List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Perrin Harkins Date:January 30 2009 4:16pm
Subject:Re: mysql 5 performance
View as plain text
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 9:32 AM, lance raymond <lance.raymond@stripped> wrote:
> basically I have an old fc5 machine running mysql 4.1 and a
> newer server running centos5 / mysql 5.0.45.

So, different hardware, different OS, different database server...
could be anything.  I suggest you run EXPLAIN plans for the slow
queries on both servers and compare them.  The most likely reasons for
a difference that large are missing indexes or vastly different
filesystem performance.

- Perrin
Thread
mysql 5 performancelance raymond30 Jan
  • Re: mysql 5 performancePerrin Harkins30 Jan
  • Re: mysql 5 performanceWalter Heck30 Jan
  • Re: mysql 5 performanceBaron Schwartz30 Jan