List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert D. Crawford Date:January 28 2009 11:14pm
Subject: Re: questions about merging
View as plain text
Hello, Olaf,

"Stein, Olaf" <Olaf.Stein@stripped> writes:

> the import of the dump will not remove your other tables unless there
> is a naming conflict, then the table will be overwritten. As far as
> the prefix goes you can edit the dump file, find the create table
> statement for each table and add the prefix. If you have lots of
> tables or a huge dump file it might make sense to use a more automated
> approach, perl or python scripts will work on most platforms. The
> prefix will also make sure you have no naming conflicts I guess

I figured that would be the case but I really needed to make sure.  The
file is huge but judicious use of head, emacs, and cat should do the job
just fine without having to write something.

One other question concerns these lines:

CREATE DATABASE `db169254900`;
USE db169254900;

I can just remove the CREATE DATABASE line and change the USE line to
reflect the name of the current db, right?

Thanks for your help.  My partner will be rather happy to have her wiki
up.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@stripped

Laugh at your problems; everybody else does.

Thread
questions about merging Robert D. Crawford28 Jan
  • RE: questions about merging Olaf Stein28 Jan
  • Re: questions about mergingRobert D. Crawford29 Jan
    • Re: questions about mergingClaudio Nanni30 Jan
      • Re: questions about mergingOlaf Stein30 Jan
      • Re: questions about mergingRobert D. Crawford30 Jan
        • Re: questions about mergingWalter Heck1 Feb
      • Re: questions about mergingRobert D. Crawford1 Feb
        • Re: questions about mergingWalter Heck1 Feb
    • Re: questions about mergingSteve Holmes1 Feb