List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert D. Crawford Date:January 28 2009 4:39pm
Subject: questions about merging
View as plain text
Hello all,

I hope I get the terminology right.  I am not sure merge is what I want,
so let me describe what I need.

I have a sql dump from a db that is a mediawiki.  I cannot upgrade the
software on the old server and need to move it to a new server.  I have
only one db available to me on the new server that currently holds a
wordpress blog.  As I understand it this should be no problem as long as
the table names do not conflict, right?

I know the command for restoring the db from the mysql command prompt.

First, I want to make sure that doing

mysql -p <dbname> < dump.sql

is not going to hose the current db.  Next I want to find out if there
is an easy way to change the table names.  I need the tables prefixed
with the wiki name.

Can anyone help me to figure out the easiest and safest way to
accomplish this?  If any more information is needed I can get it for
you, I'm sure.

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers to relevant documentation,

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@stripped

Thread
questions about merging Robert D. Crawford28 Jan
  • RE: questions about merging Olaf Stein28 Jan
  • Re: questions about mergingRobert D. Crawford29 Jan
    • Re: questions about mergingClaudio Nanni30 Jan
      • Re: questions about mergingOlaf Stein30 Jan
      • Re: questions about mergingRobert D. Crawford30 Jan
        • Re: questions about mergingWalter Heck1 Feb
      • Re: questions about mergingRobert D. Crawford1 Feb
        • Re: questions about mergingWalter Heck1 Feb
    • Re: questions about mergingSteve Holmes1 Feb