List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:January 28 2009 11:53am
Subject:Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variable
View as plain text
Bah, annoying person :-p

TBH, when I think on it, it'd probably not even work, because the env
variable you need to set is that of the client, not the server.

I suppose the simplest way of doing this would be to write a wrapper script
around the mysql client that sets the editor. On a per-user base, you could
have the wrapper check wether another env var, say MYSQL_EDITOR is set, and
use that to set EDITOR.

Can also be done with a command alias, but those won't work if a user or
script specifies the full path name of the command.

--
Celsius is based on water temperature.
Fahrenheit is based on alcohol temperature.
Ergo, Fahrenheit is better than Celsius. QED.

Thread
Setting the value for the EDITOR variableXristos Karvouneas28 Jan
  • Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variablePaul DuBois28 Jan
  • Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variableJohan De Meersman28 Jan
    • RE: Setting the value for the EDITOR variableXristos Karvouneas28 Jan
      • Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variableJohan De Meersman28 Jan