List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Xristos Karvouneas Date:January 28 2009 11:42am
Subject:RE: Setting the value for the EDITOR variable
View as plain text
That would apply across all users then, wouldn't it? What if I wanted to set it on a per
user basis, but only for the MySQL sessions?

Thanks,
George> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 00:47:07 -0800> Subject: Re: Setting the value for
> the EDITOR variable> From: vegivamp@stripped> CC: mysql@stripped> >
> You need to set that in the script that starts your mysql daemon, probably>
> /etc/init.d/mysql or something similar.> > On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Xristos
> Karvouneas> <kalamata12@stripped>wrote:> > >> > Dear All,>
> a> > different editor for MySQL commands than the one I use when writing shell>
> > scripts. When I put the following in the .my.cnf file,> > [shell]> >
> EDITOR=/usr/local/bin/pico> > export EDITOR> >> > I get no error
> messages when mysql starts up, but the value of the EDITOR> > variable does not
> change.> >> > Is there any way I can achieve that from the cnf file?>
> way! Add maps and directions to your party invites.> >
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/events.aspx> > > > > -- >
> Celsius is based on water temperature.> Fahrenheit is based on alcohol temperature.>
> Ergo, Fahrenheit is better than Celsius. QED.
Setting the value for the EDITOR variableXristos Karvouneas28 Jan
  • Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variablePaul DuBois28 Jan
  • Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variableJohan De Meersman28 Jan
    • RE: Setting the value for the EDITOR variableXristos Karvouneas28 Jan
      • Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variableJohan De Meersman28 Jan