List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 28 2009 12:21am
Subject:Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variable
View as plain text
On Jan 27, 2009, at 5:44 PM, Xristos Karvouneas wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I would like to be able to do that from the cnf file, as I want to
> have a different editor for MySQL commands than the one I use when
> writing shell scripts. When I put the following in the .my.cnf file,
> [shell]
> EDITOR=/usr/local/bin/pico
> export EDITOR
>
> I get no error messages when mysql starts up, but the value of the
> EDITOR variable does not change.
>
> Is there any way I can achieve that from the cnf file?

No. MySQL option files are for setting MySQL program options, not
environment variables.

--
Paul DuBois
Sun Microsystems / MySQL Documentation Team

Thread
Setting the value for the EDITOR variableXristos Karvouneas28 Jan
  • Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variablePaul DuBois28 Jan
  • Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variableJohan De Meersman28 Jan
    • RE: Setting the value for the EDITOR variableXristos Karvouneas28 Jan
      • Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variableJohan De Meersman28 Jan