List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Xristos Karvouneas Date:January 27 2009 11:44pm
Subject:Setting the value for the EDITOR variable
View as plain text
Dear All,

I would like to be able to do that from the cnf file, as I want to have a different editor
for MySQL commands than the one I use when writing shell scripts. When I put the following
in the .my.cnf file,
[shell]
EDITOR=/usr/local/bin/pico
export EDITOR

I get no error messages when mysql starts up, but the value of the EDITOR variable does
not change.

Is there any way I can achieve that from the cnf file?

Thanks,
Xristos
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/events.aspx
Thread
Setting the value for the EDITOR variableXristos Karvouneas28 Jan
  • Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variablePaul DuBois28 Jan
  • Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variableJohan De Meersman28 Jan
    • RE: Setting the value for the EDITOR variableXristos Karvouneas28 Jan
      • Re: Setting the value for the EDITOR variableJohan De Meersman28 Jan