List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Walter Heck Date:January 27 2009 10:03am
Subject:Re: Help with formatting of 1:n relationship
View as plain text
I don't think so unfortunately. He says in his first mail:

> I'm using an excel library that accepts a SELECT as input and generates an XLS file
> with the records as output.

So, probably csv is not going to help him, which is a shame :)

Walter

OlinData: Professional services for MySQL
Support * Consulting * Administration
http://www.olindata.com

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Claudio Nanni <claudio.nanni@stripped> wrote:
> I think what you are looking for is something like this:

> SELECT
>
> CONCAT(A.FIELD1,',',GROUP_CONCAT(B.FIELD2))
>
> FROM
>
> TABLE1 A LEFT JOIN TABLE2 B
>
> ON A.ID=B.ID_TABLE1

> Cheers
>
> Claudio
Thread
Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipVikram Vaswani26 Jan
  • RE: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipJerry Schwartz26 Jan
    • Re: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipVikram Vaswani26 Jan
      • Re: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipBaron Schwartz26 Jan
        • Re: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipVikram Vaswani26 Jan
        • Re: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipClaudio Nanni27 Jan
          • Re: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipWalter Heck27 Jan
      • RE: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipJerry Schwartz26 Jan