List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vikram Vaswani Date:January 26 2009 6:11pm
Subject:Re: Help with formatting of 1:n relationship
View as plain text
Hi,

>> I did consider a procedure but the problem is that the client is still using
>> MySQL 4.x, which afaik doesn't support stored procedures. An upgrade is not
>> something they can do at this point, as they're using s shared host so the
>> server isn't really under their control.
>
> I think what you're really looking for is a "pivot table" or "crosstab
> report" in SQL itself, right?

I have used pivot tables before but I'm far from an expert on them. I
wasn't able to understand how I could apply a pivot table structure to
this problem. Can you give me some more details on what you had in mind?

Thanks,

Vikram
Thread
Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipVikram Vaswani26 Jan
  • RE: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipJerry Schwartz26 Jan
    • Re: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipVikram Vaswani26 Jan
      • Re: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipBaron Schwartz26 Jan
        • Re: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipVikram Vaswani26 Jan
        • Re: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipClaudio Nanni27 Jan
          • Re: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipWalter Heck27 Jan
      • RE: Help with formatting of 1:n relationshipJerry Schwartz26 Jan