List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Gainty Date:January 26 2009 5:29pm
Subject:RE: how can trace stored procedure usage?
View as plain text
Jim-

you can try to port Oracles utldtree.sql

Caveat Emptor: Hasnt been worked on since 92 and is VERY buggy!

Martin Gainty
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content
contained within this transmission.

> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:01:58 -0600
> Subject: how can trace stored procedure usage?
> From: jlyons4435@stripped
> To: mysql@stripped
>
> I am trying to track the usage of stored procedures on our system.  My
> solution so far is to parse the general log for "call" queries.  This works
> well for procedures that are called from the command line, but the general
> log does not seem to report procedures called from within other procedures.
>
> Is there a way to do that?  Is there a better overall way to track procedure
> calls?  What about function calls?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
>
> --
> Jim Lyons
> Web developer / Database administrator
> http://www.weblyons.com

http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_howitworks_012009
Thread
how can trace stored procedure usage?Jim Lyons26 Jan
  • RE: how can trace stored procedure usage?Martin Gainty26 Jan