List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Simpson Date:January 22 2009 9:10am
Subject:Re: [MySQL] Re: REPOST: ON DUPLICATE failure
View as plain text
The reporting of two rows thing is to do with how MySQL handles
INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE ... statements; it will report 1 row
if it inserts, and 2 rows if it finds a duplicate key and has to update
as well.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/insert-on-duplicate.html

Just after the first code box.

--
Ian Simpson
System Administrator

Thread
REPOST: ON DUPLICATE failureAshley M. Kirchner22 Jan
  • Re: REPOST: ON DUPLICATE failureMichael Dykman22 Jan
    • Re: [MySQL] Re: REPOST: ON DUPLICATE failureAshley M. Kirchner22 Jan
      • Re: [MySQL] Re: REPOST: ON DUPLICATE failureIan Simpson22 Jan