List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ashley M. Kirchner Date:January 22 2009 3:54am
Subject:REPOST: ON DUPLICATE failure
View as plain text
    Anyone?

    I'm trying to diagnose this and not having much luck.  I can't even
figure out where to even begin to look.  I have two MySQL servers and
getting different results for the same query on both:

    SERVER 1:
        mysqladmin  Ver 8.41 Distrib 5.0.37, for pc-linux-gnu on i686

    SERVER 2:
        mysqladmin  Ver 8.42 Distrib 5.1.30, for pc-linux-gnu on i686

    TABLE description:
        +-------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
        | Field | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
        +-------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
        | name  | varchar(40)  | NO   | PRI |         |       |
        | value | varchar(255) | NO   |     |         |       |
        +-------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+

    Query run on both systems:
       INSERT INTO $TABLE SET NAME='atest', value=now() ON DUPLICATE KEY
UPDATE value=now();

    On SERVER 1 it fails to update, where on SERVER 2 it works just fine
and updates the record as I would expect it.  Is this a problem with
that specific version (5.0.37) ?  Or is there something else I should be
looking for here?
Thread
REPOST: ON DUPLICATE failureAshley M. Kirchner22 Jan
  • Re: REPOST: ON DUPLICATE failureMichael Dykman22 Jan
    • Re: [MySQL] Re: REPOST: ON DUPLICATE failureAshley M. Kirchner22 Jan
      • Re: [MySQL] Re: REPOST: ON DUPLICATE failureIan Simpson22 Jan