List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Daisley Date:January 14 2009 2:00pm
Subject:Restarting MySQLD when all transactions are complete
View as plain text
Hi,

Probably a simple question for someone who knows :)

Is there a way to force MySQLD to restart after it has finished processing
all current transactions?

I seem to remember from the bit of Oracle work I did in the past we could
do a Transactional Restart in Oracle 10g which caused the server to stop
accepting new requests and restart when it has processed all current
transactions. I now need to do a similar thing with MySQL 5.0, is this
possible?

It would also be handy if I could get it to do this 'transactional
retstart' and when it comes back up force the slave to do the same, but
we'll get one working first! Its needed so we can apply updates etc to the
box without disrupting database access.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
John

Thread
Unused and empty tables -> what impact on mysqlBrent Clark14 Jan
  • Re: Unused and empty tables -> what impact on mysqlClaudio Nanni14 Jan
    • Re: Unused and empty tables -> what impact on mysqlBrent Clark14 Jan
    • RE: Unused and empty tables -> what impact on mysqlJerry Schwartz14 Jan
  • Restarting MySQLD when all transactions are completeJohn Daisley14 Jan
    • Re: Restarting MySQLD when all transactions are completeewen fortune14 Jan
Re: Restarting MySQLD when all transactions are completeceo14 Jan