List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Walter Heck Date:January 14 2009 10:58am
Subject:Re: default storage engine
View as plain text
You can only copy files liek that for MyISAM tables. Are you sure you didn't
accidentally convert to INNODB somewhere along the line? If so, go back to
your old install and dump everything so you can import it in the new
install, or convert everything back to MyISAM in the old install before
moving the files over.

Of course you should chose the appropriate table type for each and every
table in your database, but when load is very very low and you don't expect
any growth I guess it is not your first concern.

Kind regards,

Walter

Need MySQL advice?
OlinData.com is the place to go! (http://www.olindata.com)