List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:January 14 2009 9:49am
Subject:Re: Unused and empty tables -> what impact on mysql
View as plain text
Empty files, like empty tables is not synonym for useless or unused.
Of course it depends from the storage engine used but
in the list of performance tuning removing empty tables is way way down,
they have almost no impact while not used.
The bottom line, remove only when sure 100% of their uselessness.

Cheers
Claudio Nanni