List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Denis Kotseba Date:April 20 1999 9:00pm
Subject:Can't access any of databases
View as plain text
Hi,

I ran into a trouble with mySQL server after an emergency power-off of the
machine, without
 a shutdown. Any time I am trying to use any of the databases (including
mysql), I get an 'Access denied' error (root user has no password at this
time):

shell> mysql -u root mysql
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'mysql'

shell> mysqladmin -u root shutdown
mysqladmin: shutdown failed; error: 'Access denied for user: '@localhost'
(Using
 password: NO)'

I would appreciate any suggestions. Environment: mysql-3.22.20a under the
UNIX on Sun Solaris2.5.1-sparc.

Thanks.
Denis Kotseba

Thread
Can't access any of databasesDenis Kotseba21 Apr
  • Re: Can't access any of databasesSasha Pachev24 Apr
    • Re: Can't access any of databasesDarrell Shifflett24 Apr
Re: Can't access any of databasesFred Lindberg24 Apr
  • Re: Can't access any of databasesDarrell Shifflett24 Apr
  • Getting "Can't connect to local MySQL server (21)" error fromperl scriptBill Rhodes24 Apr
    • Re: Getting "Can't connect to local MySQL server (21)" error from perl scriptJeremy24 Apr