List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:December 18 1999 1:59am
Subject:Re: Create/Delete issues with membership systems
View as plain text
I concur.  Databases should be a separate entity from tables.

>This is bad ju-ju, IMHO.  Users should not be able to create/delete
>databases.  That's the DBAs job.  It shouldn't be *too* hard for those
>that know the code to add a separation here, should it?  Anyhow consider
>this a feature request then, from more than one person: Separate the
>ability to create/drop databases from the ability to create/drop
>tables.  These are two separate functions (well, four, really), and
>having table privileges should in no way, form, or fashion, have any
>type of affect whatsoever on database privileges.
>

>--
>Matthew Vanecek
>Course of Study: http://www.unt.edu/bcis
>Visit my Website at http://people.unt.edu/~mev0003
>For answers type: perl -e 'print
>$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
Create/Delete issues with membership systemsPaul Gayeski17 Dec
  • Re: Create/Delete issues with membership systemsSasha Pachev18 Dec
Re: Create/Delete issues with membership systemsChristopher R. Jones17 Dec
  • Re: Create/Delete issues with membership systemsMatthew Vanecek18 Dec
Re: Create/Delete issues with membership systemsChristopher R. Jones18 Dec