List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Gainty Date:January 11 2009 1:29pm
Subject:RE: VC++ 2008 / MySQL debug / Unhandled exception
View as plain text
if Memory serves the LIBCMTD.lib library that you're excluding IS the MultiThreaded
Library?
Generally if you can run it thru debug you can get the CodeStack and InstructionPointer
which will at least point to the exact location where it abended
Saludos Cordiales desde EEUU!Martin ______________________________________________
Disclaimer and confidentiality note Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates
to the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and
Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender
does not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission. > Date: Sun,
11 Jan 2009 12:04:30 +0530> From: safknw@stripped> To: renito73@stripped;
mysql@stripped> Subject: Re: VC++ 2008 / MySQL debug / Unhandled exception>
> Are you sure that VS2008 support Mysql6.0, since mysql 6 is in alpha stage.>
--> Sharique> > > On 1/10/09, Miguel Cardenas <renito73@stripped>
wrote:> > Hello list> >> > I have a problem debugging a program that
uses MySQL. The program itself> > does not have problems, it runs perfectly when
run in the console (command> > prompt), but if it is executed inside the Visual C++
2008 debugger it causes> > an error:> >> > Unhandled exception at
0x004b1560 in MyProgram.exe: 0xC0000005: Access> > violation reading location
0x00000000> >> > when it reaches mysql_real_connect() I'm using
"mysql-6.0.8-alpha-win32"> > binary with setup.exe installer.> >> >
Note that I don't try to enter inside mysql functions, even if no> > breakpoints
are setup and I let the program to run freely it aborts there> > with the unhandled
exception.> >> > My VC++ 2008 configuration is this:> >> >
------------------------------------------------------------------------> >
Includes:> > C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 6.0\include> >> >
Libraries:> > C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 6.0\lib\debug> >> >
Code generation:> > Multi-threaded /MT> >> > Precompiled headers:
libmysql.lib mysys.lib> >> > Ignore specific library: (as found in a forum
post)> > LIBCMTD.lib> >> > Debugging: YES /DEBUG> >
------------------------------------------------------------------------> >>
> I based my configuration on this post for VC++ 6.0> >
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?45,49606,49606#msg-49606> >> > I guess it
may be due to the ignored LIBCMTD.lib (debug version of MT?), but> > if don't
ignore it the compilation fails at link time with lots of redefined> > symbols.>
>> > My concrete question: is there something wrong with the configuration
shown> > in that post that I adapted to VC++ 2008? are VC++ programs with MySQL>
> unable to run inside VC++ debugger? I don't want to debut my MySQL code it> >
is working already for *NIX, but there are other parts of the program that> > may
require debug and it aborts when calling a mysql function.> >> > Thanks for
any comment or help> >> > > -- > Sharique uddin Ahmed Farooqui>
(C++/C# Developer, IT Consultant)> http://safknw.blogspot.com/> "Peace" is the
Ultimate thing we want.> > -- > MySQL General Mailing List> For list
archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql> To unsubscribe:
http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1
Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
VC++ 2008 / MySQL debug / Unhandled exceptionMiguel Cardenas10 Jan
  • Re: VC++ 2008 / MySQL debug / Unhandled exceptionsafknw11 Jan
    • RE: VC++ 2008 / MySQL debug / Unhandled exceptionMartin Gainty11 Jan
      • Re: VC++ 2008 / MySQL debug / Unhandled exceptionMiguel Cardenas14 Jan
  • Re: VC++ 2008 / MySQL debug / Unhandled exceptionPatrick Sherrill11 Jan
    • Re: VC++ 2008 / MySQL debug / Unhandled exceptionMiguel Cardenas14 Jan