List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:January 6 2009 4:49pm
Subject:RE: how to design book db
View as plain text
At 09:55 AM 1/6/2009, you wrote:

> [...]

BTW, it might be worth while for PJ to look at how Amazon stores its data.
I don't think you can find an easier to use database for searching on
books. It looks like they store 2 ISBN numbers per book. It also appears
they use fulltext indexing on a lot of fields so the user can search on
anything.

Also check out http://www.abebooks.com/

re: ISBN numbers. If this application is for a used bookstore then you're
going to have to allow books without ISBN's because books from 40 years ago
of course don't have ISBN's.

Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isbn.

Mike

> >--
> >infoshop.com
>

>--

how to design book dbPJ29 Dec
  • Re: how to design book dbmos29 Dec
    • Re: how to design book dbPJ6 Jan
      • RE: how to design book dbbruce6 Jan
        • RE: how to design book dbPaul Wilson6 Jan
          • RE: how to design book dbbruce6 Jan
      • Re: how to design book dbmos6 Jan
RE: how to design book dbceo6 Jan
  • RE: how to design book dbJerry Schwartz6 Jan
    • RE: how to design book dbWm Mussatto6 Jan