List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wm Mussatto Date:January 6 2009 4:53pm
Subject:RE: how to design book db
View as plain text
On Tue, January 6, 2009 07:55, Jerry Schwartz wrote:

> [...]
The problem is books from different publishers are different editions and
need to be differentiated.  If you take a class the professor will want
everyone to be looking at the same edition.  If he hands out errata sheets
and the second publisher corrects the first (or has new errors) things
will get confusing.  Author and Title would be the alternative index
unless your system doesn't care about whether the book has a CD or not.  I
think our local library decided to come up with their own IDs since they
have both hardcover and paperback editions of the same book.  Even though
the paper back and the hardcover were the 'same' book, if I had lost it I
would objected paying for a hardcover if I had lost the paperback.

Just my $0.02 worth.

------
William R. Mussatto
Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com
909-920-9154

Thread
how to design book dbPJ29 Dec
  • Re: how to design book dbmos29 Dec
    • Re: how to design book dbPJ6 Jan
      • RE: how to design book dbbruce6 Jan
        • RE: how to design book dbPaul Wilson6 Jan
          • RE: how to design book dbbruce6 Jan
      • Re: how to design book dbmos6 Jan
RE: how to design book dbceo6 Jan
  • RE: how to design book dbJerry Schwartz6 Jan
    • RE: how to design book dbWm Mussatto6 Jan