List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:January 6 2009 4:21pm
Subject:Re: Setup a replication slave without stopping master
View as plain text
We get asked to do this a lot :)  There's a bunch of different cases.
What storage engines are you using?  Do you have LVM with free space
on the volume group, or another way to take snapshots such as a SAN?
Sometimes there are clever ways to get around various limitations, but
I'll wait till you reply because there are too many different
permutations to just write about all of them.

--
Baron Schwartz, Director of Consulting, Percona Inc.
Our Blog: http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/
Our Services: http://www.percona.com/services.html
Thread
Setup a replication slave without stopping masterClaudio Nanni6 Jan
  • Re: Setup a replication slave without stopping masterJake Maul6 Jan
    • Re: Setup a replication slave without stopping masterBaron Schwartz6 Jan
    • Re: Setup a replication slave without stopping masterClaudio Nanni6 Jan
      • Re: Setup a replication slave without stopping masterJake Maul7 Jan
      • Re: Setup a replication slave without stopping masterBaron Schwartz7 Jan
  • Re: Setup a replication slave without stopping masterJed Reynolds6 Jan
    • Re: Setup a replication slave without stopping masterPaul Choi7 Jan
    • Re: Setup a replication slave without stopping masterBaron Schwartz7 Jan
      • Re: Setup a replication slave without stopping masterJed Reynolds8 Jan
  • RE: Setup a replication slave without stopping masterTheodore Petkantchin7 Jan