List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Simpson Date:January 2 2009 11:14am
Subject:Re: How to Use Cascade Delete Properly
View as plain text
That looks ok to me; I seem to have misremembered the RESTRICT keyword
as CONSTRAIN, since it's been a while since I've had to use it.

Bear in mind that I don't think MySQL has a check to make sure that the
same foreign key does not already exist; I have seen a table that had
the same foreign key three times. You should be ok as you are specifying
a name for the constraint, and it checks for unique names.

--
Ian Simpson
System Administrator

Thread
How to Use Cascade Delete ProperlyLola J. Lee Beno1 Jan
  • Re: How to Use Cascade Delete ProperlyIan Simpson2 Jan
    • Re: How to Use Cascade Delete ProperlyLola J. Lee Beno2 Jan
      • Re: How to Use Cascade Delete ProperlyIan Simpson2 Jan
  • RE: How to Use Cascade Delete ProperlyJerry Schwartz2 Jan
    • RE: How to Use Cascade Delete ProperlyMartin Gainty3 Jan