List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Gainty Date:December 29 2008 3:23pm
Subject:RE: What files to install for Windows
View as plain text
Jerry is correct you are better off using the pre-packaged installer from the MySQL distro
for the most part you are downloading (binaries) from some site
creating a MYSQL_HOME environment variable to point to home folder for MySQL
unzipping/uncompressing the distro to the MYSQL_HOME folder
make links to %MYSQL_HOME%\bin\mysqld (mysql daemon) and
%MYSQL_HOME%\bin\mysql (command line interface) and copy them to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%
(would be helpful to work in a editor for my.cnf)

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content
contained within this transmission.

> From: jschwartz@stripped
> To: groups@stripped; mgainty@stripped
> CC: manishsinha.tech@stripped; mysql@stripped
> Subject: RE: What files to install for Windows
> Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:06:15 -0500
>
> I'm late to the game, but many Windows installers run the actual installer
> for required applications. Have your application's installer run the normal
> installation package for MySQL.
>
> That's all I can give you, my knowledge of installers is too old to be of
> real use.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jerry Schwartz
> The Infoshop by Global Information Incorporated
> 195 Farmington Ave.
> Farmington, CT 06032
>
> 860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
>
> www.the-infoshop.com
> www.giiexpress.com
> www.etudes-marche.com

http://windowslive.com/oneline/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_anywhere_122008
Thread
What files to install for WindowsMenachem Bazian26 Dec
  • Re: What files to install for WindowsManish Sinha26 Dec
    • Re: What files to install for WindowsMenachem Bazian26 Dec
Re: What files to install for WindowsMenachem Bazian26 Dec
  • RE: What files to install for WindowsJerry Schwartz29 Dec
    • RE: What files to install for WindowsMartin Gainty29 Dec
Re: What files to install for WindowsManish Sinha29 Dec