List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brad Heintz Date:December 8 2008 4:23pm
Subject:Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLE
View as plain text
Thanks to everyone who offered their suggestions.  Those of you who
suggested I look into SElinux were correct - my admin adjusted the policy
and rebooted the server, and my problem is solved.

I've never run across that issue before, but I'll know to look for it in the
future.  The list & the community were a big help in pointing me in the
right direction.

Cheers,
- Brad

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 6:48 AM, Per Jessen <per@stripped> wrote:

> Brad Heintz wrote:
>
> > Thanks for responding.
> >
> > The CREATE TABLE docs for 5.1 say that DATA DIRECTORY and INDEX
> > DIRECTORY take absolute paths (not relative), and will in fact reject
> > paths containing
> > the MySQL data dir.  Because I'm out of other ideas, I did try
> > creating the directories under the MySQL data dir and it doesn't
> > change the error, so it has nothing to do with MySQL secretly
> > expecting relative paths.
> >
> > I have created the directories by hand, and as I said in my original
> > email, I've tried chown'ing them to the MySQL user.  No change in
> > outcome.
>
> If you're running SElinux or AppArmor, check the audit logs,
> e.g. /var/log/audit/audit.log
>

> /Per Jessen, Zürich

Brad Heintz
brad.heintz@stripped

Thread
Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEFlorin Andrei6 Dec
Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEceo5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEPer Jessen6 Dec
    • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz7 Dec
    • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz8 Dec
Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEJohn Daisley6 Dec
    • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz6 Dec
      • RE: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEMartin Gainty6 Dec