List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walter harms Date:December 8 2008 2:23pm
Subject:Re: Multiple Cores.
View as plain text

Kunal Jain schrieb:
> How we can configure Mysql in such a way so that i start using all the cores
> of CPU. I Have a QuadCore server but somehow mysql use only single core
> whose usage percentage goes upto 99% while other three cores remains idle.
>
> Any Idea or Multiple Core/CPU is wastage.

IMHO, normaly the (linux) kernel handels all distribution of processes, and that you
have 99% load means there is no need to use an other CPU. Switching between CPUs
has a measureable overheat and it is possible that the kernel assumes that you will
not benefit from using that other CPU.

re,
 wh
Thread