List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brad Heintz Date:December 7 2008 4:55pm
Subject:Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLE
View as plain text
Per -

I am finding a lot of exit=-13 entries for the mysql user, but that's the
same information as in the original error message.  Is there anything else
you're suggesting I look for?

- Brad

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 6:48 AM, Per Jessen <per@stripped> wrote:

> Brad Heintz wrote:
>
> > Thanks for responding.
> >
> > The CREATE TABLE docs for 5.1 say that DATA DIRECTORY and INDEX
> > DIRECTORY take absolute paths (not relative), and will in fact reject
> > paths containing
> > the MySQL data dir.  Because I'm out of other ideas, I did try
> > creating the directories under the MySQL data dir and it doesn't
> > change the error, so it has nothing to do with MySQL secretly
> > expecting relative paths.
> >
> > I have created the directories by hand, and as I said in my original
> > email, I've tried chown'ing them to the MySQL user.  No change in
> > outcome.
>
> If you're running SElinux or AppArmor, check the audit logs,
> e.g. /var/log/audit/audit.log
>

> /Per Jessen, Zürich

Brad Heintz
brad.heintz@stripped

Thread
Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEFlorin Andrei6 Dec
Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEceo5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEPer Jessen6 Dec
    • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz7 Dec
    • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz8 Dec
Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEJohn Daisley6 Dec
    • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz6 Dec
      • RE: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEMartin Gainty6 Dec