List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Per Jessen Date:December 6 2008 11:48am
Subject: Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLE
View as plain text
Brad Heintz wrote:

> Thanks for responding.
>
> The CREATE TABLE docs for 5.1 say that DATA DIRECTORY and INDEX
> DIRECTORY take absolute paths (not relative), and will in fact reject
> paths containing
> the MySQL data dir.  Because I'm out of other ideas, I did try
> creating the directories under the MySQL data dir and it doesn't
> change the error, so it has nothing to do with MySQL secretly
> expecting relative paths.
>
> I have created the directories by hand, and as I said in my original
> email, I've tried chown'ing them to the MySQL user.  No change in
> outcome.

If you're running SElinux or AppArmor, check the audit logs,
e.g. /var/log/audit/audit.log

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Thread
Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEFlorin Andrei6 Dec
Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEceo5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEPer Jessen6 Dec
    • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz7 Dec
    • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz8 Dec
Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEJohn Daisley6 Dec
    • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz6 Dec
      • RE: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEMartin Gainty6 Dec