List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brad Heintz Date:December 5 2008 9:23pm
Subject:Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLE
View as plain text
Thanks for responding.

The CREATE TABLE docs for 5.1 say that DATA DIRECTORY and INDEX DIRECTORY
take absolute paths (not relative), and will in fact reject paths containing
the MySQL data dir.  Because I'm out of other ideas, I did try creating the
directories under the MySQL data dir and it doesn't change the error, so it
has nothing to do with MySQL secretly expecting relative paths.

I have created the directories by hand, and as I said in my original email,
I've tried chown'ing them to the MySQL user.  No change in outcome.

Cheers,
- Brad

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:01 PM, <ceo@stripped> wrote:

> I've never created a partitioned table, but...
>
> $ perror 13
> OS error code  13:  Permission denied
>
> So I suspect some kind of file-system permissions issue...
>
> Are you sure that the path you are giving isn't "relative" to the mysql
> data dir?
>
> In which case it's trying to use something more like:
> /var/mysql/data/foo/
>
> Or, perhaps, you need to do the mkdir of idx_foo for it???
>
> Or, perhaps, MySQL really doesn't like the idea of root-owned DB files, and
> wants them owned by MySQL user?

Brad Heintz
brad.heintz@stripped

Thread
Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEFlorin Andrei6 Dec
Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEceo5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEPer Jessen6 Dec
    • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz7 Dec
    • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz8 Dec
Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz5 Dec
  • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEJohn Daisley6 Dec
    • Re: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEBrad Heintz6 Dec
      • RE: Vexing permissions issue with partitioned CREATE TABLEMartin Gainty6 Dec