List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lola J. Lee Beno Date:December 5 2008 6:43pm
Subject:Re: Trying to Create a Trigger
View as plain text
Andy Shellam wrote:
> I'm guessing it's the first semi-colon in your IF statement.  Does
> this work...?
>
>   if @counted >= 1 then SET dummy = 'Cannot delete this record' end if;
>
> Just a guess!
>
> Andy.

That's not it, unfortunately.

ERROR: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'if @counted >= 1 then SET dummy = 'Cannot
delete this record' end if' at line 1

Query = if @counted

--
Lola J. Lee Beno - ColdFusion Programmer/Web Designer for Hire
http://www.lolajl.net/resume | Blog at http://www.lolajl.net/blog/

Thread
Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerDavid Giragosian5 Dec
    • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
      • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerJim Lyons5 Dec
        • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerMartijn Tonies5 Dec
    • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerMartijn Tonies5 Dec
    • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
      • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerAndy Shellam5 Dec
        • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
          • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerPeter Brawley5 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerMartijn Tonies5 Dec
    • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerWm Mussatto5 Dec
      • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerAndy Shellam6 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerMartijn Tonies6 Dec